Garrison Academy for Boys is a premier institution of Lahore Garrison Education System. It's foundation stone was laid by Lt Gen F. S Lodhi, then Commander 4 Corps in Jun 1983 & was formally innagurated by Mr Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, then Chief Minister of Punjab in 1984. It is centrally located in Lahore Cantonment & accessible from all areas of the city through Tufail road and Sarwarroad. Garrison Academy for Boys offers classes from 6th to 10th in science subjects only. Academy is affiliated with Federal Board of Education Islamabad for Matric examination. The school has capacity for 1000 students .
- To promote the students for making useful contribution to home, school and community.
- To encourage the students to explore, experiment and express individual creativeness.
- To developin students clean, safe and systematic work habits.
- To create in students an awareness of their aptitudes, abilities and inclinations.
- To develop in students the habit of engaging themselves in gainful pursuits for making the best use of their time.
- To provide to students an understanding of the ideology and cultural values of Pakistan as the basis of education and to inculcate respect for them.
- To promote communicative skills of the students enabling them to express themselves fluently with confidence.
Garrison Academy for Boys has been able to traverse a wide path of progress. Yet it has to go a long way to achieve par excellence through educational innovations with commitment to the following:
- To curb the tendency of rote learning by providing conceptual learning and promoting creativity with the help of effective teaching aids and by using student-centred methodologies.
- To train pupils to use English language confidently, appropriately and accurately and to care for correctness of written expression.
- To enhance and motivate the intellectual and creative potential of our young scholars by providing activity based learning with the use of designed programmes, study materials, visual aids with fully equipped resource room, audio visual room and trained staff.
- To provide foundation for overall human development, not only social and economic but also emotional and spiritual, in order to inculcate into students Islamic, moral, spiritual and social values for the overall betterment of our society